Mini Earth

Where In The World Are You?

Friday, July 02, 2010

R.E.C.I.S: Mixed-up Emotions

R.E.C.I.S. stands for Remarkable Engineered Children Involved in Service.

I made the protraction though. I've participated in this voluntary youth group in my parish for more than a year. This society, however, is the best one I've ever been into! The members are nice. They are superb. They are fresh, they are young, they're green (Green? haha) and they are exceptionally smart. We live in a same precinct, which is Kompleks Danau Indah. We share a same common thing to serve God with honour and dignity. We come from different societies but we all are good fellow Christians living in a densely-populated Muslim country of Indonesia. We are still on our teenage spirits because our group consists of citizens who are aged 12-25 I guess.

But well, enough with that. Let's get to the point. This group of mine started a programme called "BATIK 2010" (Battle and Etnik <-- These are what BATIK derived its history from). At first, the event would have been executed on July. That was damn crazy. Why? Because we hadn't known it yet until a person said that we were on the verge of collapse on early June! In the meantime, we were desperately gathering all the resources available. We assembled a group of 35 people to perform as committees. And so was I appointed to be a Chief Financial Officer to berserk my way through to achieve a 50 million Rupiah goal. We started from ZERO. Our treasury was ... empty! I was damn stressed and strained to the core! These strenuous tasks had my hormonal system disrupted so that blemishes started to emerge on my face; the same malfunction that occurs when I fall in love.

As time went on, well, the authority gave us a relief that stated our event should be suspended until August. I was unhappy at all, yet discontent. I thought things should have gone better, but not! Till the time I wrote this, after all the efforts my team has gone through, still no result. We have undergone so many ordeals. We have got across plenty obstacles. We have contacted big companies but still no response. We printed out our very proposals, we made our ideas come to life but no sign.

This thing burdens me a lot. This is time for all of us to enjoy the holiday time, but not for me. Even when I went to Singapore, I could not sleep early. I thought of Recis, I wondered if they can search for other sources of funding without me? I know it is my job, but for God's sake, there is a system. All you got to do is to follow the system. And when I got home, the same news. They did not search. I think positively: "Oh, perhaps they have their own matters when I was gone." Maybe I am too positive-minded. But wise people said, "You see the coin from both sides."

But hey, take a look at this good example! It was June 17, 2010 when I had to go for the 2nd survey. I texted to some of my friends to accompany me and they replied "Oh, I have my own business. Sorry, can't help you", "I'm quite lazy today. Can't you go by yourself?", "I'm so sleepy!" and et cetera. Well, my hope faded and I would have to go by myself to GOR Danau Sunter. But in the last part, finally Brenda Tedjadharma joined my cause! She deliberately jumped off her bed and did something productive instead of just sleeping. That's what you call a friend. A friend that we can lean on. Thanks Brenda for helping me. Without you, I would have done things inefficiently there. :)

Okay, I am quite tired of this job, actually. But as I have vowed, I will not leave my team alone. I will not. No matter what happens next, WE will face it! Whether this programme will be on our side or not, only heaven knows. Because I fear when tomorrow comes. Why? When the sun rises, it means that another day has been wasted and our time is getting shorter. That's why Time is DIAMOND, Time is MONEY, Time is GOLD, Time is YOUR LIFE!

I've got no one to tell these feelings to so I wrote this. I have uttered these to my best friend, Mr. paper in my Recis notebook. I talked to myself in front of mirror. I must be insane. But, I just can't keep these inside. Please have sympathy on me. Anyone? Thanks.

6 comments:

Darwin - Aming said...

gue pernah kok berada di posisi lu, emang nyari dana itu bagian paling susah. gue sendiri jadi jaga stand pameran, dan itupun merangkap dana. Susahnya minta ampun. Hahaha. Belom lagi ngadepin orang yang bikin nuaikkk darahhhh

Steven Sanjaya said...

@darwin: Iya nih darwin, gw kecewa bener. Kadang-kadang gw minta tolong gak ada yang mau bantuin. Gw bener-bener down nih. I'm feeling horrible, frustrated. Sampai kebawa mimpi loh! :_(

Thank you ya bwat empatinya. :)

Darwin - Aming said...

gue bisa membantu loh wkwkwk.
eh lu ol msn dong asap

IchaIchaIcha said...

Recis stands for Regina Pacis. no other.
I'm not expecting too much from this system. just hope everybody knows their portion and do everything they HAVE to do. not other's business, coz that's what crews are for.
I've been in this society longer than u, pal.
oh and to add, your subordinate Adeline did a good job when you were not here, so don't worry, it's just she didn't tell me that she did, until she came to my house to pick newspapers.

IchaIchaIcha said...

more to add, I'm not an early riser, so don't expect me to wakte up at 6 to print things and be ready to go out at 11. I'd rather wake up at 10, print things, and all set at 12. It's still possible to do such thing. at least for me.

Steven Sanjaya said...

Yeah, I know. I am bored to death with such protraction. Thus, I changed it for my own good. :)
And jeez, system is everything. That's why companies can run without their owners. And one thing, how many years you've been in the group does not mean that you've got more experiences. Look at Adeline and Cindy Claudia, she is so damn good that she follows the system. ;)

Alright then, my subordinate did a good job in collecting newspapers. So, the operation has undergone a significant hop. Cheers! :D

No, you are not a person are not able to wake up in the morning. You got to remove that paradigm. Everybody can wake up early when they possess the will to rise early and they sleep early too. So well, try to sleep at 10 and wake up at 6. That really helps, cha. ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails