Mini Earth

Where In The World Are You?

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Modeling: Ups or Downs?

Models have been thriving everywhere. You can see them in magazines, catwalks, internet.. Everywhere! Fashion has been such a good market for girls who are gifted with such fantastic appearances. With the advancement of this, fashions blossom, teenagers are now up-to-date. Cosmetics have also been such a vast, profitable industry.

Remedial agents have mushroomed. Facial surgery has been like a prerequisite. Plastic surgery is aimed to add beauty to the consumers. Beauticians are making money easily. Botox and other hazardous chemical compounds have been invented to meet the expanding demand all over the world. Not only girls, but boys too. Commenting these, now tons of models are eager to "edit" parts of their bodies in order to be "supermodels". They have forgotten how beautiful they are. To me, they have lost their dignities and their life merits.
Be grateful on what God has given to you.
I am not blaming the models. They work and that's a good thing rather than being unemployed. What I am blaming is the ones who gave a "wrong" perception in either fashion shows and photographs. These models are required to do the makeups. They must dress nicely. My point is, why must the models dress that way?? Why don't they just dress normally without those curved, crooked hairstyles? Without those eyeliners, without those accessories. They don't look nice in those things. They seem to be exaggerated, most of all.

So why are this models not photographed in their very natural way? Are they unattractive in their own daily ways? NO. In fact, they are more and more gorgeous in their home dresses!

I don't mean that you have to quit the modeling thing. You have the right to choose your own way though. :)

P.S. I personally would like to thank a friend of mine whose part-time job inspires me a lot. :)

4 comments:

Darwin - Aming said...

What's wrong with the make up thing that you mention? lol
I mean she only use that thing for a moment, when she needed, she use it. If not, she won't.

But I kinda like your statement about botox or that kinda weirdo things that only *most* girls know.

Steven Sanjaya said...

Yeah, that's why my postings are subjective. :)
They are just how my heart really felt when I was writing them and how my mind perceived.

What did you mean by 'she'? Actually this summary was not inspired by her. but she contributed a little though. :)

Hahaha. I think that's one of many good things about learning English. I read an article about Botox and whatever on my reading book. So yeah, that's been such a great insight to me.

_vren_ said...

I'd like to answer that italic, red-coloured question of yours: "My point is, why must the models dress that way??"
well I believe all models are beautiful already without make ups on their face, nor those 'crooked hairstyles', nor those 'accessories', etc.
but in fact, that is what exactly 'High Fashion' is all about. somehow fashion's considered to be an expression of art.

"why are this models not photographed in their very natural way?"
Because models are dressed to match the concept of photographers or designers. and we know, commonly in art, the more eccentric it is, the more it is considered to be 'artful'. so, for the models to look natural or not in a photo-session or runway, it simply depends on the demand of editors, photographers, designers, etc. you can't ask an abstract-expressionist painter to paint classical-realism painting, after all.

just my two cents :)

Steven Sanjaya said...

@ _vren_:
Oh, I see. My eyes are opened now. haha. Thanks for the insight, viren. :)
But yeah, nowadays art is going "extreme", to me. haha.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails